KID ASA - FIRST QUARTER 2019 RESULTS
Lier, 15 May 2019: The board of directors of Kid ASA has approved the financial
report for the first quarter of 2019.
Q1 HIGHLIGHTS (Figures from corresponding period the previous year in brackets)
· Revenues of MNOK 298.0 (MNOK 274.9) in Q1 2019, an increase of 8.4% (8.3%).
The number of ordinary shopping days in the first quarter was 76, compared to 75
days last year due to the timing of Easter. For the period January through April
2019, sales increased by 10.2% (6.6%). The number of ordinary shopping days for
the first four months of 2019 was 99 (99).
· Like-for-like sales increased by 5.1% (+3.3%).
· Gross margin of 60.5% (58.4%).
· EBITDA of MNOK 52.0. EBITDA (excluding IFRS 16 effects) of MNOK 15.1 (MNOK
· Adjusted EPS increased to NOK 3.82 (3.15) for the last twelve months.
· The index for sale of home textiles in Q1 2019 in specialised stores in
Norway increased by 1.0% compared to 8.4% for Kid, according to Statistics
Norway. The latest accurate market statistic based on tax returns data show a
market growth of 0.9% for the twelve months ending 31.12.2018. For the same
period, Kid increased revenues by 8.4% and the market share to 35.5% (33.7%).
· The store at CC Vest (Oslo) opened in February. The total number of
physical stores at the end of the quarter was 142 (139).
Henrik Frisell, CFO Kid, +47 480 48 800